Academic Support Center
The Academic Support Center is here to help you!
The Academic Support Center provides you with a variety of tools to develop the learning and academic skills you need to become a successful student. Our services also help you to understand and adapt to the demands of college.
Are you struggling with a class? ASC tutors can proof read papers, lead individual and group study sessions, assist with e-mail and use of the computers, and provide other services requested by instructors. Tutoring is available in most subjects at each SKCTC ASC center.
Tutors to assist you in subject areas, proof read writing assignments, conduct individual and group study sessions, assist with e-mail and computer usage, and provide other services as requested by instructors.
Computers equipped with many software programs and Internet access.
Free photocopying (Cumberland only).
Chrisman Hall, Room 204
Kathy Ditty, Director, 606-248-3168
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
ASC is located in the computer lab between the Library and Adult Basic Education.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Available by appointment
Classroom Building, 336
Caroline Mayes-Cooper, Coordinator
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Caudill Hall, 2nd Floor
Pricie Young, ASC Coordinator
- Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
For Online Tutoring with a Southeast Peer Tutor
- Go to your Blackboard account and sign in using your credentials. https://elearning.kctcs.edu
- Click on eCommunity and then type Academic Support Center in the Organization Search
- Your search will return with SKCTC Academic Support Online Tutoring; hover over the
name and click the drop arrow to the left--- click enroll.
- You will then go back to eCommunity to access the site. Click on SKCTC Academic Support
Online Tutoring. This will open a page similar to your classes.
- To the left you will have Brainfuse which can be accessed 24/7 but is not a Southeast
tutor or you can click on ASC Live Tutoring.
- You will need to make an appointment with a local ASC student tutor to meet in the ASC Live Tutoring room.
For more information about the ASC, contact Kathy Ditty at 606-248-3168.