Supporting Students: An Investment in the Future
Because of the generous support of many friends, businesses, and community organizations, SKCTC is proud to award more than 157 students scholarships each year! While eligibility criteria may vary, scholarships are available to help meet the needs of many of our students. Scholarships help students now – to attend college – and later – because they don’t have to be repaid. Scholarships help to lift the burden of loan repayment that so many of today’s students face.
Some scholarships are for any field of study, while others are dedicated to students in particular fields, such as nursing, teacher education, or business. We also offer scholarships for single mothers, minority students, and students who are the first in their families to attend college.
SKCTC Scholarship Opportunities
Scholarship Opportunities for Donors
- One of our priorities is to help donors establish scholarship funds that are personally meaningful while creating opportunities for students. When you establish a scholarship, you invest in the future of our region.
- Each scholarship fund is as unique as the donor who created it.
- Each fund is named by the donor.
- We promote the scholarship to students, manage the application process, and have a committee to choose award recipients.
- Each donor will receive a letter from the Advancement Office stating which students have received the scholarship(s) each year, in addition to thank you letters from recipients.
- Donors may elect to partner with other like-minded donors and organizations to have a great reach and impact.
- Rather than creating their own fund, donors can choose to make a gift to the General Scholarship Fund or any existing scholarship fund.
- We report regularly and transparently on all investments and scholarship recipients.
If you would like to learn more about creating a new scholarship fund or making a gift to an existing fund, please contact Carrie Billett 606-589-3152 or CBillett0002@kctcs.edu.
All applicants are required to complete the SKCTC Scholarship Application by April 15. Applications received after the deadline will be put on an alternate list.