What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Degrees and Transfer
- Radiography (Pathway 2)
- Advanced Imaging Radiography Computed Tomography
Apply Online for Pineville Radigoraphy
Once enrolled in the Radiography program, you must achieve a minimum grade of "C" in each Radiography course. Upon completion of the program, you'll be eligible to apply to write the examination for registration as a radiographer by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Radiographers may find positions in hospitals, health clinics, and physicians' offices. Research laboratories and some industrial firms may also employ radiographers.
The Pineville Radiography program uses a point system as part of the selective admissions process.
Note: CPR certificate must be obtained prior to enrolling in IMG (RADI) 100 and certification must be kept current throughout the program. The curriculum requires attendance in the summer session, fall and spring semesters.
All pre-admission conference dates have been canceled. Please contact Astor Halcomb (606.589.3310 or email@example.com) for required information.
Deadline to apply is May 1, 2020. An online application will be available soon.
PREREQUISITE GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES
- BIO 137 Human Anatomy & Physiology I, 4 credits
- BIO 139 Human Anatomy & Physiology II, 4 credits
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- AHS 115 OR AHS 120 Medical Terminology, 1-3 credits
- ENG 101 Writing I, 3 credits
- MAT 150 College Algebra, 3 credits
- PHY 152 Intro to Physics OR PHY 171 Applied Physics, 3-4 credits
- SOCIAL INTERACTION*, 3 credits
- HUMANITIES OR HERITAGE*, 3 credits
- DIGITAL LITERACY*, 3 credits
- IMG 104 Introduction to Radiography, 2 credits
- IMG 106 Patient Care in Radiography, 2 credits
- IMG 108 Radiographic Procedures I, 4 credits
- IMG 109 Clinical Practice I, 1 credit
- IMG 114 Image Production and Acquisition, 2 credits
- IMG 116 Advanced Patient Care in Radiography, 2 credits
- IMG 118 Radiographic Procedures II, 4 credits
- IMG 119 Clinical Practice II, 3 credits
- IMG 209 Clinical Practice III, 3 credits
- IMG 214 Imaging Equipment, 2 credits
- IMG 224 Radiation Protection and Biology, 2 credits
- IMG 226 Radiographic Pathology, 1 credit
- IMG 219 Clinical Practice IV, 6 credits
- IMG 216 Basic Computer Tomography, 1 credit
- IMG 228 Radiography Seminar, 2 credits
- IMG 229 Clinical Practice IV, 6 credits
RADIOGRAPHY DEGREE PROGRAM TOTAL: 67-70 credits
* See courses listed in KCTCS Catalog.
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.
Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender presentation, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.