Grants | SKCTC


Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College offers three federal student aid grants. Unlike loans, grants do not typically have to be repaid, except under certain circumstances.

To apply for these grants and to determine your eligibility, complete a FAFSA online. Our Federal School Code is 001998.

Federal Pell Grant

Federal Pell Grants are the foundation of federal student financial aid and generally are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not yet earned a bachelor's or graduate degree. Pell Grants are considered to be "need based" aid and award amounts may change yearly. If you are eligible for a Pell Grant, you will receive the full amount you qualify for based on the number of hours you are enrolled. In addition, you can only receive a Pell Grant for up to 12 full time semesters. Students must also maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to remain eligible for Pell.

New Pell Grant Lifetime Limits

New Federal regulations require that beginning Fall 2012, students are now limited to 12 semesters or 6 years (or 600%) of Federal Pell Grant eligibility during their lifetime. This change affects all students regardless of when or where they received their first Federal Pell Grant.

Whether you have used all of your Pell Grant eligibility or not, please be conscious about the lifetime limit of the Pell Grant when changing majors and/or scheduling classes.

Pell Grants have Changed

Starting in the summer of 2018 you can receive Pell Grant money for summer classes. You need to be enrolled at least half time (6 credit hours) and taking classes that count in your program of study.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

The FSEOG is awarded to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need-- those with the lowest Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as determined by the FAFSA. Federal Pell Grant recipients receive priority for FSEOG awards, however receiving a Pell Grant does not guarantee you will receive FSEOG. FSEOG funds are limited. Students must also maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to remain eligible for SEOG.


A male admissions advisor assits a male student.


Need Help?

If you have questions about financial aid, feel free to reach out. We're happy to help!

Chat With Us