Southeast Choir Begins Spring Rehearsals
Published on Jan 28, 2020
Cumberland, KY – At Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College, the Southeast Choir has begun spring rehearsals. Meeting each Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m., the choir alternates rehearsals between the Harlan Episcopal Church, in Harlan, Ky. and the choir room of Southeast’s Cumberland Campus. All singers who enjoy choir participation are invited to join. Students enrolled at Southeast may also earn college credit for the class.
Works that the choir will perform at the concerts May 2 and 3 will be chosen from the following:
- The Terrible Tale of Tom Gilligan, Fiddler Man, Soldier Boy, a song cycle by John Rutter
- O Magnum Mysterium by Victoria
- Sicut cervus by Palestrina
- Alleluia by Randall Thompson
- Come to the Music by Joseph M. Martin
- Panis Angelicus by Cesar Franck
- The Road Not Taken and Choose Something Like a Star by Robert Frost/Randall Thompson
- Ubi Caritas by Maurice Durufle
Ryland Pope and Clara Atkins-Pope serve as director and accompanist for the Southeast Choir. To learn more about joining, please contact email@example.com or call/text 606-573-4994.
PHOTO CAPTION 1
(The Southeast Choir at the Christmas concert held at Church of the Resurrection in Lynch.
From L: Director Ryland Pope, John Bell (bass), Tom Pope (bass), David Davies (bass,) Chris Jones (bass), Jeremy Bell (tenor), Kyle Allison (tenor), Mark Bell (tenor,) Ann Schertz (alto), Ginny Goss (alto), Shawna Hodge (alto,) Donell Busroe (alto,) Karen Davenport (alto,) Cotha Hudson (soprano), Cindy Allison (soprano), Grace Olson (soprano,) Willow Schwenke (soprano,) Anne Lindsey (soprano), and Clara Atkins-Pope, accompanist.)