What is Diesel Technology?
Modern diesel engines require highly skilled mechanics to repair and maintain them. The diesel technology program provides students with the skills needed to analyze glitches, repair, rebuild and maintain construction equipment, agriculture equipment, and medium and heavy trucks. Fuel your future at Southeast!
What are my career choices?
Diesel service technicians and mechanics are employed in almost every industry, particularly those that use trucks, buses, and equipment to haul, deliver, and transport materials, goods, and people. Most diesel mechanics and technicians are employed by independent repair shops and businesses such as truck sales and service, construction companies, mining companies, and state highway departments.
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Degrees and Transfers
- Associate in Applied Science in Diesel Technology
-OPTION Agricultural Diesel Technician
-OPTION Construction Equipment Technician
-OPTION Medium and Heavy Truck Technician
- Agricultural Equipment Technician
- Construction Equipment Technician
- Medium and Heavy Truck Technician
- Agricultural Equipment Mechanic Helper
- Construction Equipment Mechanic Helper
- Diesel Engine Mechanic
- Diesel Mechanics Assistant
- Diesel Steering and Suspension Mechanic
- Electrical/Electronics Systems Mechanic
- Fluid Power Mechanic
- Heavy Duty Brake Mechanic
- Heavy Duty Drive Train Mechanic
- Medium and Heavy Truck Mechanic Helper
- Mobile Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Preventive Maintenance Mechanic
- Undercarriage Mechanic
How do I start?
Provide Southeast with your ACT scores
Complete an Application for Admission "Start Here"
Send high school/GED transcripts to SKCTC
Meet with Diesel Technology faculty
Length of Program
You can earn an associate in applied science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.