NACE NLN Test Dates
Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College
Associate Degree Nursing Program
NLN- NACE Foundations Testing (for LPN’s ONLY)
(Preadmission Exam required for second level (RN) beginning fall 2016)
The NACE Foundations NLN Exam is required for acceptance into the second level of the associate degree nursing program. The Exam is designed to evaluate previous learning and experience in order to establish credit and placement in the nursing program at the second year. It is for Licensed Practical Nurses seeking placement in Registered Nurse programs. Please see admission requirements for required scores.
The testing dates before the March 1, 2019 deadline are
Cumberland Campus F-418-419
Pineville Campus Computer lab 124
Middlesboro Campus Room 233
Friday October 19, 2018 10:00am
Friday November 16, 2018 10:00am
Friday January 25, 2019 10:00am
February 22, 2019 10:00am
Friday October 26, 2018 10:00am
November 9, 2018 10:00am
January 11, 2019 10:00am
Friday February 8, 2019 10:00am
There are only 5 slots at each campus site on each date so register early to get your preferred date.
+ THE TESTING DATES OPEN 30 DAYS BEFORE THE TESTING DATE FOR REGISTRATION AND
++REGISTRATION CLOSES 3 DAYS BEFORE THE TESTING DATE!! (you can only register during this time frame)
To register for the exam go to https://ondemand.questionmark.com/400030/ext/nlntesting/ and follow the registration directions.
The exam times will be on the NLN testing site along with the room locations.
- Check-in will begin at 9:00 a.m.
- You must be present and checked in by 9:30 a.m.
- You will not be permitted into the computer lab after 9:30 a.m. NO Exceptions!!
- The exam covers Foundations of Nursing, you may take a brief break during testing but you may not leave the building
- No cell phones allowed in the testing site.
- Please arrive early for closer parking in the student section of the parking lot.
- You may retake the exam once each year.
- If you test at another approved site, you must notify the nursing program coordinator and arrange for NLN to send your test scores.
- If the College is closed due to weather or other circumstance, you will be notified of the rescheduled testing date and location. Please check your email and the college website.
- You are only allowed to take the NACE exam one time in a 12 month period.
Overview of the NLN (NACE I (PN-RN Exam) Foundations of Nursing :
- It is 184- item, four-option, multiple-choice test
- It takes 3 and one-half hours.
- Student must pass the exam with a 78% overall passing score.
It is recommended that students taking the exam review the content areas listed below:
- Purpose: Assesses fundamental skills needed to meet physiological and psychosocial needs of clients who are in stable conditions.
- The nursing process- assessing, analyzing, planning, implementing, and evaluation
is applied in items throughout the test. The questions include a sampling of situation
involving clients in health care setting with one or more other following conditions:
Pain, fluid and electrolyte imbalance, incontinence, infectious disease, loss of consciousness,
chronic illness, death and dying, preoperative care, postoperative care, and stress.
I. Basic Health Needs,
Physiologic Needs: 1. Hygiene, 2. Comfort, 3. Safety, 4. Body alignment, 5. Exercise and ambulation, 6. Rest and sleep, 7. Nutrition, 8. Elimination, 9. Respirations and circulation, 10. Fluid and electrolyte balance, 11. Growth and development.
Psychosocial Needs: 1. Sexuality, 2. Spiritual preference, cultural, 3. Self-esteem, 4. Belonging, 5. Stimulation, 6. Loss and death, 7. Self-actualization, 8 Security, 9. Defense mechanisms, 10. Growth and development
1. Documentation, 2. Verbal communication, 3. Non-verbal communication
III. General Principles of Drug Administration
IV. Moral/Ethical/Legal Issues
How to Register: see registration info page provided.
Revised summer 2018