Interlibrary LoanInterlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service that allows library patrons to borrow books, copies of journal articles, etc., which are not available in the SKCTC library. Please discuss your information needs with a librarian; we may be able to find an alternate resource that will satisfy your needs. The ILL policies are based on the Interlibrary Loan code of the American Library Association, copyright law, and the regulations of individual lending institutions.
Interlibrary Loan Procedure:
1. Ask for an ILL form at the Circulation Desk. (An ILL form is not necessary if the
request is generated by FirstSearch.)
2. Fill out the form completely, including patron and bibliographic information. A separate form is needed for each item.
3. It is the student's responsibility to check with the Circulation Desk to see if the item has arrived.
4. Items must be returned on or before the due date to the Circulation Desk.
5. Renewals are made at the discretion of the lending institution.
Interlibrary Loan Policies:
1. Requests WILL NOT be processed without a student's signature on the ILL form.
2. Only five (5) requests per student per day will be processed.
3. Requests will not be accepted via telephone.
4. The following materials will not be ordered::
Textbook titles currently available in the SKCTC Bookstore.
Items currently on reserve in the SKCTC library.
Any item found on the shelves of the SKCTC library.
Entire issues of a journal.
Audio/visual materials (for faculty/staff only).
The amount of time needed to receive ordered materials varies. When an item is requested, there is no guarantee the item will be available for loan or that it will be received in an expedient manner. Our services are dependent upon other institutions' workloads and other conditions beyond our control.
The SKCTC library does not charge for the service of ILL except for the following:
If an item is received on microform and is over ten (10) pages in length, the student is invited to make copies on the microform reader at a charge of 25 per page.
If a student has indicated a MAXCOST, the student is responsible for paying up to and including the MAXCOST amount.
The student is responsible for replacement cost if an ILL is lost or damaged.
If a patron abuses the ILL service, i.e. does not return items, returns items after an excessive amount of time, does not pay replacement costs for lost items, ILL privileges will be revoked indefinitely.