Southeast Names Healthy at Work Officer
Cumberland, KY – To help ensure the health and safety of all students and employees, the 16 colleges of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) have named a Healthy at Work Officer for each college and the Versailles office. Human Resources Director Billie D. Franks will serve in that capacity for Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College (SKCTC).
Southeast is taking every precaution recommended by the CDC and the state to ensure our facilities are as safe as possible. Here are just a few of the things Mrs. Franks will oversee.
- Masks will be required for everyone on our properties.
- Classrooms will be spaced for social distancing.
- Floor signage is spaced out to remind everyone of social distancing and other signage is visible throughout our buildings to reinforce CDC recommendations.
- All employees will take training before returning to campus.
- All employees will do an online health check each day to make sure they are healthy before coming to work.
- Students will be asked to do a temperature self-check every day before coming on campus.
- Some common areas will be closed to avoid large groups congregating.
- Campus maintenance and operations staff will continue to clean and sanitize surfaces, doors and other areas that are frequently touched.
“Having a Healthy at Work Officer is just one more way we are creating the safest environment possible for students and employees returning to campus,” Southeast President Vic Adams said. “Health and safety are always our top priority, but because of COVID-19, we’ve had to become even more vigilant. We will continue to follow CDC recommendations and take direction from the state to ensure we’re doing everything possible to keep people safe.”
For students who want to stay healthy at home, Southeast offers programs that transfer easily to universities. For those who want to go to work quickly, the College has short-term programs that can be completed in just weeks. More information on programs and enrollment can be found at https://southeast.kctcs.edu.
(Billie D. Franks will serve as the Healthy at Work Officer for Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College.)