We want to make the admissions process easier for you! If you have questions regarding any of the requirements listed below, call the Office of Admissions or e-mail one of the admissions coordinators at any of our five campus locations.
1. Apply to SKCTC
- Apply to SKCTC by filling out our paper application or our online application or come into any of our five campus locations.
- Choose a Program. See what programs we have to offer
- Write down your student ID. When you have submitted your application, you will be given a student ID.
2. Submit your test scores
Submit your ACT test scores to the Office of Admissions - SKCTC at 100 College Road,
Middlesboro, Ky 40965.
Depending on your ACT scores in Reading, English, or Math, you may need to take the Placement exam. The Placement exam is free for first-time takers.
Do you need to take the Placement exam?
3. Send your transcripts
All transcripts must be mailed or sent electronically from the school(s) which have been attended in order to be considered official.
Official High School Transcript: Your Kentucky High School Transcript can be electronically requested at the following
site http://exchange.parchment.com/students/. If you have questions about this process, please feel free to contact Admissions
at 606-248-0145 or 855-2GO-SKCTC or contact your High School counselor for more details.
High School transcripts can also be mailed directly to the SKCTC Admissions Office.
Official GED Transcript: GED transcripts should be sent upon completion. To request your GED transcript please visit https://request.ged.ky.gov
Official College Transcript(s): All transcripts must be electronically or mailed directly to Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College from any and all postsecondary (college) institutions attended. Transcripts must be received prior to enrollment.
Any hand delivered or faxed transcripts cannot be considered official and will not allow a student access to enroll in classes. ALL transcripts must be mailed or sent electronically from the school(s) which have been attended in order to be considered official for enrollment access.
4. Fill out a financial aid application
Filling out a FAFSA can be complicated. Any of our five campus locations can assist you with completing your application. Just ask for a financial aid coordinator or call for an appointment. To complete the form online click FAFSA online.
5. Attend Orientation
6. Meet with your advisor and register for classes
Students will be able to register for classes after meeting with their advisor.
7. Create your PeopleSoft Student Self Service account and Email account
Remember: You will have access to your email account within 72 hours after you have
registered for classes.
You will have access to your PeopleSoft Student Self Service Account after your application is processed. This account will enable you to register for classes, access your grades, accept financial aid, etc. Activate your account by creating your User Profile at User Account Center.
8. Check your PeopleSoft Student Self Service Account "To Do" list
The To Do list will display the items that need to be submitted to complete your Admissions file, along with the due dates. Clicking on one of the items in your To Do list opens another detailed screen giving contact information for that department.
- Go to the Student Self Service Login.
- Enter your Username and Password.
- Once in the Student Center the TO DO LIST is located on the right hand side.
- Click any item in the list for details and contacts.
9. Review Important Dates and be aware of deadlines
10. Become familiar with the FERPA policy (Student Confidentiality)
Be aware of Family Education Right and Privacy Act (FERPA) Policy. If you would like anyone other than yourself to have access to your records, fill out the Student Consent to Release Educational/Financial Records for which can be found on your Student Self Service.
Mail printed applications to:
Office of Admissions
100 College Road
Middlesboro, KY 40965