Go2College in High School
Get a head start on a college degree with KCTCS's dual credit program.
What is dual credit?
Dual credit is concurrent enrollment in high school and a KCTCS college with credit awarded by both. A high school student may earn both high school and college credit for the same course upon successful completion of course requirements.
Why Should I Enroll In A Dual Credit Program?
- Save time earning college credits in high school shortens the time it takes to get your college degree.
- Save money most dual credit tuition programs offer reduced tuition.
- In some cases, students who take dual credit classes are given special consideration when applying for admissions to selective college programs.
What do I Have To Do To Be Eligible?
- Be a high school junior or senior.
- Complete a KCTCS application and dual credit form.
- Meet the assessment and placement requirements.
- Participate in a dual credit course that is in agreement between KCTCS and the partner